HOW TO DESIGN YOUR SAREE USING AARI ZIGZAG STITICH

Today I am going to explain you how to do zigzag stitches using aari/maggam needle.  Also I want to tell you one information in this post that this aari embroidery is also called Tambour Embroidery
in French.  For doing this Tambour stitch/zigzag stitch you need to load your embroidery frame with the fabric of your choice.  I choose this golden color polycotton fabric.  Then I am using my aari needle (Tambour needle) and zari thread.  You can also use any machine embroidery thread of your choice for this zigzag stitich.  If you use machine embroidery thread, then use it as double, it will give a good look to your design.  Okay, let us start doing the zigzag stitch now.  First make a knot in one end and  loop as shown in the video for your first chain, punch the needle and pull the thread out. Now for chain stitches, you have to go straight, but for zigzag you have to pull the thread little up and punch the needle, pull the thread out.  Now you have to pull the thread down and punch.  Draw a line as a guidance as shown in the video and do the pattern up and down for zigzag stitch.  I know it will be confusing to read it alone so I am upload the video with this tutorial to clarify all your doubts.  Happy stitching.

Video tutorial:

No comments:

Post a Comment