Maggam Embroidery with sequins

Recently I was busy with my kids and could not update my Maggam embroidery blog and I decided to come up with my recent work today.  Yes, I made a Princess Dress for my lovely daughter. 
It took me like 3 days to finish this design alone.  In this Maggam Embroidery I simply did aari chain stitches along with sequins and bead work.


                                                   This design is for hand and neck border.  

Here you can see the aari chain stitches, stone work, bead work and sequin work.  This aari patch is for neck border.










Here are the Maggam patches I made for hands, using simple chain stiches, some bead work, and kichu-kichu (chains with lot of curves) and some random sequins to give elegant touch.









I selected hot pink for this Princess Dress (pink is my daughter's favorite color) and cream with gold dual tone for the top part.  It came out really good.  I am just posting my Aari work/Maggam work here.  It took me a lot of time, but when I saw the end product, really it is worth for my hard work and time.  I was so happy to give it to my girl, home made by mommy with love is its speciality.



My next post is how to do sequin work using Aari/Maggam stitiches.







































5 comments: