Aari chain stitch - Part I

Hi all,
Finally today I am posting my first tutorial on Aari embroidery.  First I am going to explain how to do chain stitches in Aari/Maggam embroidery.  For this you need a cotton or Jasmine material (used for pattu saree blouse), embroidery frame, zari thread, Aari needle
(No. 14 needle).  Now you have to prepare the fabric by fitting it in the embroidery hoop really tight.  Then, make a chain or loop in the zari thread and bring it under the cloth to be embroidered, using the left hand.  With the right hand punch the needle on the fabric, hold the loop under the fabric and bring up. With the loop in the needle, punch again.  Now you have to roll the zari thread around the needle using your left hand and pull the loop up. It will make a chain. Yay, you made your first chain stitch !  Continue this, practice, practice, practice.  It will need lot of practice to get a perfect chain.  Here I am posting a Video demo too, so that it will be easy to follow.  Please look at the video for "how to knot" at the end, as it is hard to explain.  Happy embroidering.

6 comments:

  1. IT WIll be better if you have showed the back part too once or twice just to see how to hole the thread for the first time and then in the middle once to see how to continue. VERY nice blog. nice tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial..wonderful and easy to follow tutorials..thank you so much from all like me who just love aari work but not to get to learn it properly..keep up the great work..looking forward to all your updates..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... I have started learning aari from your blog.it is great site for beginners like me.. Can you show me other stitches ,especially water filling..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... I have started learning aari from your blog.it is great site for beginners like me.. Can you show me other stitches ,especially water filling..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to learn aari work. but dont know where to get the needle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime decision making become difficult in certain scenario and you need some research and facts to second your decision. This research actually seconds my part. Egyptian Embroidery Design

    ReplyDelete